We are quickly closing in on the 1 year mark since we put our home on the market. I'm really getting burnt out! If I have to clean this house one more time....just kidding, I like having a clean house, but this is getting a bit old. Today we were having a great Saturday! We got some work done this morning. I cleaned a couple of things and Derek did some yard work and went to the dump with his Dad. While we were lounging in the afternoon (still in our grubbies) the doorbell rang!! (My heart sunk) Sure enough, it was a realtor with clients! Urghh. It is so frustrating that I am expected to have the house ready at all times....yeah right! These people have children...they should understand. The crazy thing is that we want to show the house so it will sell, and we were happy to have them (just not unannounced in the middle of a mess) It turned out that they have looked at our house before, earlier in the week, and wanted to look again! That's terrific! Well, then I looked around me at the mess and in my head thought of a few words that I wouldn't say out loud. Well, they did come in and have a thorough look around the house. Andrew slept on the couch, Derek looked after Spencer and I cleaned. Luckily, most of the house was tidy, so I just had to do the dishes and wipe the counters and make beds. They are a very nice couple and they had a lot of questions so it was good that we were here. So, just like the five hundred other times we have shown the house....now we wait. It's so hard to keep thinking positively without getting my hopes up!


2 comments:
We're keeping our fingers crossed for ya!! Have you been looking around for an area you'd like to end up in?
It looks like we are giong to be renters for a year before buying a house. The loan programs available are not very attractive.
Post a Comment