Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Camera Shy?

Whenever Andrew sees me get out the camera he gets silly! He loves to have his picture taken. In fact, Monday morning he was playing with Spencer and after he had pulled little brother up onto his lap he asked me to take their picture. Well, I was so surprised to hear him say that because I had just scheduled pictures at Target for that evening. I used the opportunity to start talkin' it up! We talked all about how we were going to go and smile and take pictures and help little brother to smile. Andrew was all excited about it. So, I got everyone ready and we were out the door in plenty of time so that no one was rushed. When we got to Target I got Andrew an icee, (the flavor that is white of course so he didn't have red tongue in pictures) his favorite treat ever. We wondered the isles and found some cute shirts for the boys to wear. Then we paid for the shirts and went back for picture time. Andrew had fun playing with the toy in the waiting area. We combed the boys hair and then it was showtime....or should I say war time! As soon as we entered the dark studio Andrew started to wail. After almost 30 minutes of fighting we settled on the pictures snapped between the sobs and the one of Andrew pushing Spencer out of the frame. What a joy. I was sweating and Derek was grouchy. The fun didn't end there. When we came back to choose pictures we found that the photographer had taken nearly EVERY shot from a distance, and most were landscape instead of portrait. So that basically meant that to get what we needed, every sheet was 3 times more money than it should have been! Ughhh...he knew I wasn't about to ask him to redo the entire session!! Darn salesman!

Here is Andrew with a round pillow for a hat.

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

Sorry the photo session was a bust! I always work myself up so much before pictures! You can always try setting up a backdrop at home and getting some good shots of the boys that way. Andrew is a cutie!