For the past couple of years I have been making baby blankets (not just for my babies) I love to crochet around flannel. It makes the best blankets! During my most recent trip to WY I spent some time talking with my Aunt Barbara about this (she makes these blankets too.) She told me all about hemstitching. Hemstitching is very specific kind of stitch (you need a special machine) used to make holes in the fabric, the holes are perfect for a crochet hook. So, I sent some fabric to the lady that does my Aunts hemstitching. As soon as I got them back I went crochet crazy. I found that it is so much easier/faster than how I did it before. I can now do an entire blanket in an afternoon! Here are some pictures of my favorites (lots of girl blankets 'cause I never get to make those. ;)



Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
You're so crafty, Kristin!! :) I especially like that brown polka dot with the pink around the edges. Is it for sale?? I'd love to give my sister a blanket like that, plus it matches her nursery. We love the blanket you made us!
I love this sis! I get to see your boys and all the fun stuff you guys do ;) I'm with Lindsay, the pink and brown one is my favorite.
Post a Comment