Friday, October 5, 2007

Sick Days & Disney

A couple weeks ago I heard an ad on the radio for Playhouse Disney Live on tour. That is all of Andrew's favorite TV shows (Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, Handy Manny, My Friends Tigger & Pooh and of course the Little Einstiens) and I thought he would love it! Then I looked at the ticket prices! eek. In true Disney fashion they were way too much money for a kids show. Since I really wanted Andrew to go we decided to just get 2 tickets for a mommy & me "date." Grandma agreed to watch Spencer and since the US airways Arena is right my Derek's office I knew how to get that far. We bought tickets for an 11AM show on Wednesday.
Then Andrew woke up Monday morning with a fever and he was cranky! I joked that I would still take him to the show unless he got "really bad." When he woke up Tuesday morning it was really bad. He was barking like a seal and could hardly breathe in between the barks. I took him right in to the pediatrician that morning and sure enough it was a nasty case of croup. I thought for sure we were gonna have to pass on the Disney show, but decided not to give the tickets away just yet, I would make the decision Wed morning.
Well, Wed Andrew slept in extra long and woke up happy. We went to the Show!! Yeah! He did so good! he didn't even cough once the entire time. He loved the show..more about that in the next entry.

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

I'm glad Andrew was feeling better by then! It would have been a shame to miss the show!