Friday, October 5, 2007

Playhouse Disney LIVE!

I realize this is not the best picture but you can see that it is the stage and that they had cool lighting, ;) I forgot to take extra batteries for the camera, so I wasted precious battery time on this picture before the show even started. shucks.
I have to say that the entire arena was transformed into Disney "land." From the moment we entered the main door we were bombarded with various Disney merchandise. We went to find a restroom and our seats and look at all the fun stuff they were selling so we were walking around for about 15 minutes before we ever entered the arena. Andrew was in heaven! They had a booth were you could take a picture with Handy Manny in front of "Sheetrock Hills" and lots of other booths to buy souvenir drinks, popcorn and toys. I knew I wasn't going to get out of buying a special toy so I let Andrew pick one. He chose a guitar from Little Einsteins! He loves it. He was "strumming" and singing though the entire show! Now he calls it his Disney.
Now, for my two sense about the show...
It was cute. I had just as much fun watching Andrew watch the show as the show itself. He was amazed with it all along the way. I have to say they did a great job with Handy Manny and the tools. The guy playing Manny was perfect. Of course Tigger and Pooh were a hit, and the girl doing Darby was so good too. You can't really go wrong with the original Disney characters for MMClubhouse. Now we come to Little Einsteins. I was really not impressed at all with them. It is such a cute show, but they had grown adults dressed in kids clothes and that was about it. I guess when it comes to Disney, they have a pretty big reputation and this just didn't seem to match up to the rest of the show.
I'm still really happy we went and that Andrew was feeling better. It was a great date!

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

Sounds fantastic!!! I'm sure Andrew was just in heaven! And what a great opportunity for you and Andrew to have some one-on-one time. All three of mine would have loved the show! Even Gavin is a Little Einsteins fanatic now!

Matt has taken Brooklyn and Blake to their own little things like this- Brooklyn went to Disney Princesses on Ice and Blake to A Day Out With Thomas (the train). I can't wait to be able to do more things like this with our kids and for ME to have a turn with them!