PS I think Derek has just as much fun as Andrew playing with the cars...maybe even more.
Sunday, October 7, 2007
Potty Time
This "Cars" mat and every car that is on it represent one pee in the potty. I was pretty sure that this was gonna work....it didn't. He gets how works and he is really good at stripping naked and climbing up on the potty himself with out a potty chair or stool (This is good), but beyond that, he feels no need to use the potty. Diapers work just fine, thanks. Urggh.
PS I think Derek has just as much fun as Andrew playing with the cars...maybe even more.

PS I think Derek has just as much fun as Andrew playing with the cars...maybe even more.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
One car per pee - WOW!!! That's great incentive! My kids got M&Ms and no big prize until they did a poop or went for like a week with no accidents! We did sticker charts on the bathroom door.
When we went full throttle with potty training at 3.5 years old, I just rolled up the rug in the family room, put the kids in underwear (NO going back to diapers) and let them run free. Yes, I had to clean up a lot of pee messes and a couple poop messes. It didn't take long for them to realize that they didn't like to be wet and for them to recognize the sensation that they needed to go. I think it took us a little less than two weeks and they were DONE.
I think when Andrew's ready and you decide no more diapers, it'll be quick and over with. Good luck! PTing for me was hard. I'm hoping it's easier the second time around!
Where did you get the Cars mat? My kids would love that!!
By the way, I you may want to check your nearest Toys R Us for cars. We went back this morning and they had a whole boatload of cars! I saw DJ (I think you're missing that one) and a couple other random ones we didn't have yet. Plus, they are buy two, get one free!
Post a Comment