Do you ever feel like you are repeating yourself repeating yourself? Andrew is closing in quickly on his 4th birthday and we have been trying so hard to get potty training done. (Are you ever really done?) I feel like a broken record constantly repeating these phrases:
“Do you need to go potty?”
“Are you all dry?”
“Did you poop?”
Anyway, one Sunday morning about three weeks ago he woke up on his own and went downstairs to the family room (this is his normal routine) but when we got up a little while later, he was in underwear already. He took off his pull-up and changed into undies on his own! Well, then when it was time to go to church he said he wanted to wear his undies, and of course I couldn't say no to that! At the time I was still his Primary teacher (that has recently changed) so I figured we would be able to make it to the potty since I would be with him all day. When I was rounding up my little sunbeam class to walk down the hall for a potty break, one of the sisters in the presidency came to see if I needed help wrangling them all down the hall. I was grateful for the extra hands and sent them on down the hall while I went after an escapee. Just as I rounded the corner to the bathrooms I realized that Andrew had just been sent into the men’s room and with a member of the bishopric too! Good thing Bro Davis is the nice grandpa type and didn’t mind helping Andrew get dressed all over again. So, that was our official day one (He was in underwear a lot before then, but never consistanly) and Andrew has not been in pull-ups since. Not even at night (that was his idea too.)
Sometimes it has been a struggle to get him to pee before going to bed and one night he insisted that he did not have to and went to bed without “going.” Just as we were heading to bed, Lindsay (remember my sis-in-law and fam that live here) knocked on the door to let me know that Andrew was asleep at the foot of Brooklyn’s (cousin) bed. After further investigation we realized that he had apparently sleep walked into the kids’ room instead of the bathroom that is right next door. He peed on the floor right beside the humidifier and laid down in a heap at the foot of Brooklyn’s bed. Oh, nice!
These things are always so much funnier the next day, when you are not in the middle of it all.
“Do you need to go potty?”
“Are you all dry?”
“Did you poop?”
Anyway, one Sunday morning about three weeks ago he woke up on his own and went downstairs to the family room (this is his normal routine) but when we got up a little while later, he was in underwear already. He took off his pull-up and changed into undies on his own! Well, then when it was time to go to church he said he wanted to wear his undies, and of course I couldn't say no to that! At the time I was still his Primary teacher (that has recently changed) so I figured we would be able to make it to the potty since I would be with him all day. When I was rounding up my little sunbeam class to walk down the hall for a potty break, one of the sisters in the presidency came to see if I needed help wrangling them all down the hall. I was grateful for the extra hands and sent them on down the hall while I went after an escapee. Just as I rounded the corner to the bathrooms I realized that Andrew had just been sent into the men’s room and with a member of the bishopric too! Good thing Bro Davis is the nice grandpa type and didn’t mind helping Andrew get dressed all over again. So, that was our official day one (He was in underwear a lot before then, but never consistanly) and Andrew has not been in pull-ups since. Not even at night (that was his idea too.)
Sometimes it has been a struggle to get him to pee before going to bed and one night he insisted that he did not have to and went to bed without “going.” Just as we were heading to bed, Lindsay (remember my sis-in-law and fam that live here) knocked on the door to let me know that Andrew was asleep at the foot of Brooklyn’s (cousin) bed. After further investigation we realized that he had apparently sleep walked into the kids’ room instead of the bathroom that is right next door. He peed on the floor right beside the humidifier and laid down in a heap at the foot of Brooklyn’s bed. Oh, nice!
These things are always so much funnier the next day, when you are not in the middle of it all.

5 comments:
OH, my sides hurt. I am still laughing. Progress is progress, but the end just killed me. Josh did the same thing once when Emi was a baby. He made the mistake of turning right instead of left and peed all over the crib skirt! Oh, those were the days. Way to go Andrew!
Wow, what an adventure! I can't even remember Amber's exerience except I tried, was unsuccessful, we left her with Grandma for a week and she came back potty trained! I still have about a year before Kaylee's turn, who knows maybe she'll go to Grandma's too! Anyway, we have been selling a few of our things, but unfortunately we've had to use that for groceries and gas... since they are both so cheap lately!! But my friend came up from Tucson on Sunday and gave me a few things. I need to plug them in and get details so I know what to put on my postings! But as far as swimming, we'd love to come and we'd be there in a heartbeat, just waiting for the invite(sorry I was raised never to invite myself over to someone's house)! TTYL!
By the way, Andrew did SOOO good in Primary on Sunday! Didn't cry, wasn't sad or nothing! YEAH for you!
I was checking out the resort you stayed at. It looks so nice. Keith's bday is coming up and it looks like that may be an option for a suprise weekend get away!
By the way, I tagged you! See my blog to find out exactly what that means! Sorry
Post a Comment