Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Blow off some STEAM!

Last weekend Derek and Spencer went to the LeBaron family reunion at the Cabin in Strawberry. (Pictures of that to come) Andrew was sick, so I stayed at home with him. The house was empty and quiet and Andrew was zonked out on the couch most of Saturday, so I went to work.....steaming! The kitchen floor was pretty sticky and gross and I just knew my mop wasn't gonna cut it, so I decided to mop the old fashioned way using a rag and a bucket of hot, soapy water. (This explains just the kind of freak that I am about cleaning. I get some weird kick out of a good cleaning.) While I was down on my knees scrubbing every square inch of tile, I decided to bust out the good ole Scunci Steamer.
Everyone who has a steamer knows that once you start steaming you just can't stop....you steam and steam until the water runs out or the cord won't reach any farther. After the kitchen tile, I steamed the bathroom, the baseboards, and that little spot on the family room carpet that has been bugging me for weeks. Whew! Thank you, Scunci. I love you!
So, that was Saturday, but on Monday I was enjoying the Bachelorette finale with Lindsay while giving myself a little pedicure. After the 'after the final rose' show was over, it was late and I was cleaning up my mess. Derek was in bed already (avoiding the Bachelorette) and I couldn't carry all my nail junk up the stairs so the genius in me decided to put all the little stuff in a baggy before loading up my arms and heading up the stairs. Great idea, until I dropped the bottle of my favorite hot pink nail polish on my kitchen tile!! Yeah, it shattered and splashed all over the tile and up on the drywall side of the island. Two hours later, after I had steamed, scraped, scrubbed and repainted, I went up to bed. The tile looks as good as new...again.

3 comments:

Jen Hilton said...

Okay, I've used the steamer for a few things. The oven and bathroom. What are some of your other favorite things to clean? I did not even think of baseboards! How do you steam out spots in the carpet?

Kristin said...

K! Tell me about this steamer thing!! Sounds wonderful!!! (Isn't it sad the things we get excited about! haha! Life definately changes after marriage and children!)

Lindsay said...

That smell WAS intoxicating! Good thing you got it all cleaned up. The steamer does some amazing work. I'll have to add it to my list of "things that Kristin has that I must have too." ;)