Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Five Years...

Here is a look at our romantic weekend celebrating our 5th anniversary! I told Derek weeks ago, that I really wanted to get away (Motel 6 if we had to) so we could have some time away from the kids...you know. Well he went way above and beyond when he booked us a suite at Sanctuary! http://www.sanctuaryoncamelback.com/

The entire resort is built into the side of a mountain. The "rooms" are like little apartments. They call them casitas. The room we stayed in was similar in size to our newlywed-1-bedroom-apartment. The buildings themselves must be ancient- with brick walls and uneven floors, but it is all remodeled and decorated with a contemporary look! Here's a picture of the living room.


And here is the bathroom..... (peek-a-boo into the bedroom.)


Last, but not least, the Bedroom.

So, after we checked in Friday afternoon, we had plenty of time to freshen up and get ready for dinner at Elements. (the restaurant at the resort) Dinner was really nice, I sort of had one of those moments where I realize I'm still a country girl at heart, just experiencing a "city moment." And it's always a little awkward when the server is confused that you don't want a bottle of wine, or to "enjoy the bar before dinner." ...pretty sure we were the only people in the place not drinking! The food, however, was very good, and of course the company. ;) love ya, babe.




But, my favorite part was when we got back to the casita and saw this....




It had all been decorated while we were at dinner! There were rose petals everywhere! and candles lit up the whole place! They even had music playing. I'll spare you the details from here on... until Saturday morning, when we went down (literally down the mountainside) to the spa for a couples massage! How sweet! Thanks, Honey for a great weekend! What a great finale to our fabulous first 5 years.

If I had one regret, it's that we took 0 pictures of the two of us together! Here are some we took of each other just before we left.










1 comment:

Lindsay said...

Spare us the details?!?? Oohlala!!! I'm glad you guys had a great time!