Monday, February 25, 2008

Pool Party...

Many of you know that when Derek and I were house hunting, a pool was near or maybe even at the very top of my wish list. I think Derek wanted a pool too, but mostly because it would make me happy. Bless his heart, we got the pool and now the fun begins. Since this was a foreclosure home and it has been vacant, the pool was drained. So here we go, jumping in with both feet, trying to get this thing working....
First we had to get out as much of the dirt and grime as we could.
(Brrr, that water is cold)
Next we put in the hoses to fill-er-up!
Mother Nature helped out with a little rain...
(this could take a while)

Still filling....all night long.

Finally! About 20 hours later the pool is full!


This was only the beginning. Since then, Derek has had a crash course in pool maintenance and care. Now, maybe, we almost might have it all together working. Time will tell. I will save that last picture for when the water is pretty and blue! I'm sure the suspense is killing you. ;)

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

I'm sure all that work will be worth in when you can actually start using it with the next month or two! Can't wait for the pool party!