Monday, January 28, 2008

highlights of Christmas





Okay, now that we are down to just a few piles of boxes left to be unpacked I can sit for a moment and blog. We are settling into the new house marvelously and liking it more each day!




I have some great pictures of the trip to beautiful WY from our Christmas journey. We decided to drive this time to save some $$$ and so our schedule would be flexible, which was nice, but driving also brings some other challenges. Of course there will be "winter roads!" For the most part the roads were good, but there is a place in the-middle-of-nowhere, WY called South Pass that is always scary in the winter.



Thank goodness Derek was driving (the entire trip) because I tend to freak out a little bit (shocking, I know). I'm sure he was sick of my "backseat" driving by the time we got to Lovell. It's kinda hard to see in the picture, but the dark spots in the middle of the lane is where the pavement is starting to peek through. Everything else is snow packed and icy in spots!

The next big thing about driving is the ongoing debate...to stop or not to stop!? If Derek could choose, he would drive straight on through, hardly stopping for potty breaks (Especially if the kids are sleeping! Ahhh, peace in the car) I usually don't mind driving straight through either (unless I'm pregnant)! But, this trip we decided to stop for the night in Southern Wyoming because of road conditions. The next morning in our haste to get back on the road, we left a little bag at the hotel. urgh!

The other exciting thing about our journey is that we manged to make it all the way to my parents' house without busting out the portable DVD player. Andrew was entertaining himself well, and we had many a sing-a-long throughout the drive! We didn't even use it on the trip home until we got to Salt Lake.


Sadly, we didn't take ANY pictures of our kids at Christmas! Derek did video the event (against my will) but that doesn't help we with a scrapbook or a blog!


My mom bought some beautiful dresses for her two granddaughters, Hannah and Madison. Maybe someday I will have a girl so I can dress her up like this. ;) Ohhhh, cute!



We had a wonderful time being with family. We love them all and miss them very much. I loved sneaking next door to Aunt Barbara's house to play with the ladies and even doing craft projects!! We also loved Mom and Dad's new basement were we could send the kids to play!!! And of course it's always fun to work on our canasta skills. (sorry about that new deck of cards, mom! Better luck next time.)
I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas too!!

No comments: